Honorable Edward A. Servitto Jr.
Judge Servitto received his Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Michigan University and earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the Detroit College of Law in 1977. Prior to Judge Servitto's 2000 election to the Macomb County Circuit Court, he served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Michigan and a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin. Judge Servitto also served as the City Attorney of Warren and was in private practice for eleven years.
Macomb County Court Building
40 N. Main St, 3rd Floor
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
|Secretary||Michelle Zafferani||(586) 469-5145|
|Clerk||Sandy Ackourey||(586) 469-5048|
|Court Reporter||Mary Cimini
(for transcript request please email
|Court Officer||Deputy John Dubois||586) 469-5049|
Early Disposition Settlement Conferences/Status Conferences Tues/Thurs 9AM by phone; attorneys only
Settlement Conferences/Civil Pretrials Tues/Thurs 930AM in person; with all parties present in person
Criminal Arraignment Conferences/Pretrials: Mondays 830AM/130PM AND Wednesdays at 8:30AM to be held on zoom
Sentencings/PV Hearings: Mondays 830am in person
Review Hearings/Probation Show Causes: Mondays 8:30AM /Wednesdays 8:30AM on zoom
- Motion Day/Time: Mondays at 8:30am (including Motions for Summary Disposition) JUDGE REQUIRES A PAPER JUDGES COPY ON ALL MOTIONS/RESPONSES which can either be mailed in or dropped off in person. The Court does not accept Judge’s copies via email.
- Attorneys of record will be emailed the week prior to the motion with instructions. Attorney may appear for motions in person, on zoom or waive oral argument and allow the Judge to rule on the motion based off the briefs without counsel present. If the Court rules on the motion without counsel present, the court staff will prepare an order reflecting the Judge’s ruling and e-serve the attorneys.
- Early Disposition Settlement Conferences and Status Conferences are being held by telephone with attorneys only beginning at 9am. Attorneys of record will receive an email the week prior to the conference with instructions.
- Settlement Conferences are held in person with clients present beginning at 930am.
- Civil Pretrials are held in person with attorneys only beginning at 930am.
- Criminal arraignment conferences, pretrials AND probation show cause hearings are held via zoom with attorneys and defendants.
- Criminal Sentencings and Probation Violation are held in person with defendants present in the courtroom.
REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF DISCOVERY/CASE EVALUATION: MUST FILE A MOTION. NO STIP/ORDERS ALLOWED. ALSO MAY BE ADDRESSED AT UPCOMING CONFERENCE
CIVIL TRIAL PROCEDURE: LISTED ON ORDER SETTING TRIAL. CIVIL PRETRIALS ARE SET WEEK PRIOR TO TRIAL. AT PRETRIAL, MOTIONS IN LIMINE TO BE SET AND HEARD ON THAT DATE; EXHIBITS ARE TO BE MARKED; JURY INSTRUCTIONS TO BE EXCHANGED; DEPOSITIONS ARE TO BE REDACTED