Business Registration Certified Copy
Welcome to the Business Registrations "Certified Copy" page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website. Below you will find information on how to search businesses in Macomb County and the State of Michigan and "How to Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Filed Business Registration."
- CLICK HERE for Business Registrations Frequently Asked Questions
- CLICK HERE for information on how to register a business under an assumed name
How To Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Filed Business Registration
Businesses, except corporations and some partnerships, are registered under an assumed name. You must be at least 18 years of age to file a business registration. Business registrations are valid for five years.
- Required information: Name of Sole Proprietorship or Co-Partnership.
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check (payable to "Macomb County Clerk"), VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
Requests can be made in person, by mail, or with a credit card via online or fax.
- CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County business registration safely and securely online using your credit card.
- Visit the Macomb County Clerk's Offices at 40 North Main (first floor of the Macomb County Court Building) in Downtown Mount Clemens. CLICK HERE for directions to the Macomb County Clerk's Office.
- Write a letter stating the required information, and enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Businesses, 40 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Vital Records Verification Security Check
- CLICK HERE to verify whether a Macomb County vital record has actually been issued by the Macomb County Clerk, reducing the risk of fraud and preventing identity theft.
- ADDRESS: Clerk's Office, 1st Floor
40 N Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
- PHONE: (586) 469-5120
- FAX: (877) 443-9505
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- CLICK HERE to download the Macomb County Vital Records Request Form and Instructions (PDF)