Individual Development Account (IDA) Program
Macomb Community Action’s Individual Development Account (IDA) Program provides participants with an opportunity to build resources with the goal of purchasing their first home in Macomb County.
People enrolled in the program make monthly contributions into a separate, designated IDA bank account. Macomb Community Action will match your savings up to $1,000 at a 3-to-1 ratio. The combined funds are used for the down payment and closing costs on the purchase of a first home in Macomb County. As part of the program, you must also complete home-buyer and financial education seminars.
- Must be a current Macomb County resident.
- Must meet income eligibility guidelines.
- Must be a working adult, employed a minimum of 30 hours, consistently for 90 days.
- Must complete an application and pre-program orientation with the IDA Case Manager
- Must have reasonable consumer credit or readily repairable credit.
- Final selection is determined by the Review Committee
- Open a special savings account at a designated bank and deposit a minimum of $20 per month. Macomb Community Action is a custodian of the matched funds account.
- Attend budgeting seminar and authorize a credit report.
- Attend specific home owners training seminars as authorized by Macomb Community Action.
- Maintain monthly contact with the IDA Case Manager
- Maintain “Participant in Good Standing” status by making regular monthly deposits and continuing to meet program activity requirements.
- Participate for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 24 months.
- Participants save $1,000 and Macomb Community Action will provide match funds of $3,000.
- Be an informed home buyer.
- Obtain vital information on home ownership.
- Have an understanding of personal credit concerns.
- Have the funds to purchase their first home.
- Have had a positive home buying experience.
- Continue to have access to the Macomb Community Action IDA Case Manager for assistance and referrals.
For more information about the Individual Development Account (IDA) Program contact:
Phone: (586) 469-7378
Fax: (586) 469-7436
196 N. Rose Street, Suite 37
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962