Vlasic, James J.
Mr. Vlasic concentrates his practice in business, construction, and intellectual property litigation, and business organizations.
Over the past thirty years, Mr. Vlasic has handled legal cases involving building construction, secured transactions, commercial mortgage foreclosures, business fraud, mergers, corporate and partnership disputes, buying and selling of aircraft, transportation equipment and insurance.
Mr. Vlasic acts as a manager of Villco Management, LLC, a manager of diversified investment companies. He also serves as a director and secretary of MAV Development, Inc., a real estate development company with offices in southeast Michigan and Colorado.
Mr. Vlasic is a former member of the Board of Directors at Thomas M. Cooley Law School and a member and former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Cranbrook Educational Community. He serves on the Finance Committee of Automation Alley.
He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Vlasic was a shareholder at Sommers Schwartz, P.C., where he served on the Board of Directors and on its executive committee for eight years.
Recent Presentations and Publications
- Author, "Common-Law Arbitration in Michigan Since 'Wold'"Michigan Lawyers Weekly (October 24, 2011)
- Author, "Limitations on Transfer of Limited Liability Company Membership Interests" The Michigan Business Law Journal(Spring 2011)
- Author, "Debate Rages: Draft Arbitration Awards or Not?"Michigan Lawyers Weekly (February 8, 2010)
- Lecture, "Med-Arb -- A Cautionary Tale: It Ain't As Easy (Or As Ethical) As It Looks!" Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2008
- Author, "Med-Arb -- Can You Afford the Risk?" The ADR Newsletter (January 2008)
- Author, “Toward a Litigator’s Philosophy of ADR,” The ADR Newsletter (March 2006)
- Lecture, “How Litigators Maximize the Benefit of ADR – Optimizing Process Choices and Timing,” Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute, 2006
Click here to view Macomb County Circuit Court ADR application