Caputo, Anthony J.
PRACTICE AREAS. Transactions, mergers and acquisitions, business, corporate organizations and reorganizations, business counsel, tax planning and real estate development.
BIOGRAPHY. Mr. Caputo founded Caputo Brosnan P.C. in 1976. He became a lawyer following his CPA career as a tax specialist at a "Big 4" accounting firm. His vision as an attorney is to bring quality financial services and legal counsel to his business clients.
Caputo Brosnan P.C.’s reputation as “a quality law firm” is due to Mr. Caputo’s unwavering dedication to high standards of performance. A former U.S. Marine, Mr. Caputo inspires excellence and promotes an esprit de corps among the firm’s staff and attorneys.
Mr. Caputo is frequently appointed by courts as a receiver or special master and as a mediator or facilitator in the resolution of business disputes. He offers unique business, financial, tax and legal skills that enable business clients to define their needs and to plan for success.
- Prior Chairman of the Business Entities Committee and
former Member of Tax Section Council, State Bar of Michigan
- Director, Manager, Trustee or Officer of more than 20 entities including corporations, limited liability companies and trusts
- Former President – St. Clair Shores Bar Association
- Published Author of numerous tax related articles
- Michigan and Macomb County Bar Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member - American Arbitration Association Regional Commercial Advisory Committee
- Former Arbitrator - American Arbitration Association
- Former Hearing Panelist – Attorney Discipline Board
- Former Special Investigator - Attorney Grievance Commission
- St. Clair Shores Charter Study Commission
- St. Clair Shores TIFA Committee
- St. Clair Shores Citizens' Advisory Committee
- St. Clair Shores Budget Committee – 3 years
- Former Trustee Detroit Skating Club Excellence Fund
- Trustee Macomb County Bar Foundation
- Former Director-Carla's Champions 501(c)(3) Public Charity
- Created the Macomb County 501(c)(3) public charity to support veterans with legal issues.
- Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1975
- Lawrence Technological University (LTU), B.S.I.M., 1971
Magna Cum Laude
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Former Licensed Residential Builder
- Certified Public Accountant
- Former Adjunct Professor, Masters of Tax, LTU
Click here to view Macomb County Circuit Court ADR application