Lawrence R. Donaldson
Lawrence R. Donaldson has focused his practice in the areas of legal and accounting malpractice for most of his career. He is trained and qualified as a mediator under Michigan court rules and serves as a case evaluator and mediator in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb circuit and probate courts.
Mr. Donaldson was re-appointed by Governor John Engler to the State Board of Accountancy for a second four-year term. He has held leadership positions in various legal organizations, including the State Bar of Michigan and the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel (President, 1990-1991). He also served as counsel to the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA) for over 20 years.
Mr. Donaldson holds a bachelor's degree and an MBA from the University of Michigan and received his law degree, cum laude, from Detroit College of Law.
Mr. Donaldson has spoken on the subjects of legal and accounting malpractice to numerous professional organizations and associations.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT WORK
- Counsel to Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Mediator, Case Evaluator Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties
- Represents seven of the ten largest accounting firms in Oakland County
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association (Director, 1991-1994)
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Detroit
- State Bar of Michigan (Negligence Law Section; ADR Section; Chairman, Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance Committee, 1986-1987)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel (1983-85 Program Chairman; 1986-1991 Director; 1987, Treasurer; 1988, Secretary; 1989, Vice President; 1990, President)
- Michigan Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, Director, 1987-1995; President 1988-1993; Chairman, 1993-1995
- Michigan State Board of Accountancy (Member, 1997-2005)
- Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church (Deacon and Past President of congregation)
- Grosse Pointe Sail Club
- Bayview Yacht Club
- Michigan Ohio Chorale
- Sigma Nu Phi (Chancellor - 1968 - William Howard Taft Chapter, Detroit College of Law; Treasurer-1967)
- Speaker - Thomas Cooley Law School on "Arbitration", 2013
- Speaker - Accounting Malpractice Seminar, sponsored by the Michigan Association of CPAs, National Association of Accountants, Accountants Guild, 1985-Present
- Speaker - Legal Malpractice Seminar, sponsored by the State Bar of Michigan, 1982 to Present
- Speaker - Legal Malpractice Seminar, sponsored by the Real Estate Law Section, State Bar of Michigan, 1983-1987
- Speaker - Legal Malpractice Seminar, sponsored by the Legal Assistants Association of Michigan, September 1983
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan 'Super Lawyers'
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan ‘Super Lawyers’
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan ‘Super Lawyers’ 2011
- Plunkett Cooney hotline provides free legal advice to accountants
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan 'Super Lawyers' 2010
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan ‘Super Lawyers’ 2009
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan 'Super Lawyers' 2008
- Plunkett Cooney Attorneys Named 2007 Michigan 'Super Lawyers'
Click here to view the Macomb County Circuit Court ADR application